Enuma Elish Tablet V
1 Marduk (Jupiter) marked out the stations for the great gods;
2. The stars, their forms, as the stars of the Zodiac, he fixed.
3. He ordained the year and into sections he divided it;
4. For each of the twelve months he fixed three stars (decans).
5. After he had made the days of the year and their forms,
6. He founded the station of Nibir (opposition transit) to determine their bounds;
7. That none might err or go astray,
8. He set the station of Bel (Summer Solstice) and Ea (Winter Solstice) along with him.
9. He opened great gates in both directions,
10. He made strong the bolt to the left (autumnal equinox) and to the right (vernal equinox).
11. And in the midst thereof he fixed the Zenith (Midsummer's Day, Litha).Jeremiah 51
How Sheshach is snared! How the gloat of the whole earth is horror struck! How Babylon is become the astonishment among the nations!
42The Abzu is come up upon Babylon: she is covered with the multitude of the waves thereof.
43Her cities are desolation, the dry land, and the wilderness, the land wherein man nevermore dwelleth, neither doth any son of man pass thereby.
44And I do punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his very mouth that which he hath swallowed up: and the nations shall not flow together any more unto him: yea, the wall of Babylon is fallen!