Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Ozzy - Patient Number Nine - My Album Review
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message We have a lot to get through, up-front. Say the name "Ozzy" and a million different ideas of who and what Ozzy was, could be and is in 2022 will be offered. Many of these offerings will be laced with negativity and I think they need to be addressed and handled before any competent review can be made.

Ozzy is 73 and cannot sing anymore, therefore his vocals are (varying degrees of) fake.

I hear you, I feel you, and your conclusion is hard to escape. However, for those of us who crave Ozzy, we MUST simply accept that this is the only way we will ever get "More" whether it's AI generated, heavily produced, or otherwise.

If you cannot look past it, nothing will encourage you to give this album a fair evaluation.

Ozzy does not write his own material, therefore there's no personal connection to the words and/or he's just spewing out generic "I'm so Dark" content others have written for him.

First of all, he's almost never written anything except vocal melody. A couple of Sabbath songs that are credited to him as his sole lyrical creation are not bad, but nowhere near as good as Geezer Butler's.

Secondly, "Generic Dark" was a rough period that Ozzy went through after Ozzmosis in 1995 and didn't end until the Black Sabbath reunion album "13". I agree with your assessment for that period, and I might add that certain other eras of Ozzy's solo career were very "Cartoonish" and adolescent. Highly regarded eras.

Nothing can ever replace Randy Rhoades.

If you haven't moved on from RR, you are an NPC who just emos whenever there's any opportunity. RR was great, but honestly I don't prefer him to Iommi or Wylde.

I think that covers everything broad a person can say about Ozzy and his solo career. If your mind is still open to Ozzy and you crave new material, please proceed.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP