Users Online Now: 1,376 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 239,765
Pageviews Today: 392,816Threads Today: 124Posts Today: 2,272
05:44 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject GLP HELP: I think I might have made a terrible mistake. Red flags? Am I getting scammed?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message OK, so I have a serious deadline I need to meet and I hire somebody yesterday, after talking to them on the phone. I paid a deposit online. I was given the guy's name. I googled him. I first found a Facebook which I can't find now. The photo of the man, he looked not so congenial. Maybe just his expression?

Yes, I should have googled extensively before paying the deposit but I didn't. Now, I googled his phone it's a VOIP! How can I find the real owner? He has no address anywhere, White Pages for his name gives a ghetto location. (I thought he sounded like he was from South of the border.) I googled the name origins and cannot find anything! I finally found one website with a woman with the same last name and..she's in Nigeria! I am supposed to pay this guy upfront. I am really scared now.

How can I find out more info? There is nothing whatsoever on the name the payment app gave me. There is nothing with his phone, no BBB, no Yelp, one Facebook that is now closed meaning requires log in. What would you do?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP