Users Online Now: 2,183 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 394,882
Pageviews Today: 655,827Threads Today: 226Posts Today: 4,088
08:51 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject If you have been invested in just the NASDAQ for the last three years, you have made 101%
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Look at these three charts, if you need proof, and average the three big indices:

DOW for 2019-2021= 22.3 + 18.9 + 7.2 = 16.13%

S&P 500 2019-2021= 28.9 + 26.9 + 16.3 = 24.03%

NASDAQ 2019-2021= 35.2 + 43.6 + 22.3 = 101.1%

2019-2021= 141.43% average = 47.23%

If anyone wishes to double check me, feel free...

So I would like to once again introduce my theory of, for lack of a better term, the "Do something Syndrome"

Basically, my theory has proven correct and effective.

In the face of uncertainty in life, and here we are discussing economic uncertainty, people have the kneejerk reaction to "DO SOMETHING".

I have proven to myself over the course of 30+ years of investing, that the best strategy is to DO NOTHING...

If you pulled out of the market in the last three years, you lost out!

Investing is for the long term with the goal of never cashing out...You only take distributions, and let your portfolio grow into a monster!!

If you pull your money out of the market trying to time the prevention of a loss and then time the gains, to put the funds back in, you are not an investor...A gambler, but not an investor...

If you began the pandemic with 100k, you would have more than doubled your money 200k+ (being very conservative)

However, if you missed out on 10 of the largest days of growth in that time period, we calculated you would have lost $35,000, and have $165,000 remaining...

Remember, investing is making a loan, not "Here's a few grand, now give it back and hope some money sticks to it" LOL That is not an investment strategy, unless poverty is your goal...

Many of you have asked me to make an investment/money thread, so here you go, ask away...

[link to www.macrotrends.net (secure)]

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP