Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Falling Away: Or the Great Apostasy
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The Falling Away: Or the Great Apostasy
The return of Our Lord Jesus Christ is one of the most fascinating topics we as Christians can study. There have been countless books, articles and movies on the subject, but there is still a lot of confusion on the timing of this glorious event.
As any one acquainted with Bible prophecy knows there are myriad theories on the subject, from pre-trib, mid-trib to post tribulation. Some Bible teachers perform what I call Biblical gymnastics to make their theory fit the Word of God, but I honestly believe that God has made the return of Jesus Christ so abundantly clear and easy for us, if we read scripture in context, without our own pre-conceived ideals. So with that thought in mind lets turn to the Holy scriptures.
The most definitive timeline and event found in scripture concerning the return of Jesus Christ is 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2. Paul is writing this epistle to the church in Thessalonica for the express purpose of clearing up their confusion on the return of Jesus! It seems someone was confusing this church and had even convinced the Thessalonians that they had “missed” the return of Our Lord! But like a good teacher that Paul was, he set out with love and patience to correct this church. Let’s read Paul’s first words in the 2nd chapter of 2nd Thess. “ Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him“. Let’s breakdown each verse as we go, we see the topic of this chapter is the return of Jesus and our gathering together into him, known to us as the rapture. Now to verse three which is the most clear and defined timeline found in scripture! 2nd Thess. 2:3 “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition” We are warned not to be deceived! For that day which is the day of Christ (known as the day of the Lord in the Old Test.) shall not come until the falling away comes first. Lets stop and define what the “falling away” is, the Greek word that is translated into “falling away” is apostasia or in modern English apostasy. The definition of apostasy is defection or revolt, keep in mind that Paul was writing to Christians, not unbelievers, this is key!
You cannot defect or revolt from something unless you belong to it in the first place. Unbelievers will not defect or revolt from Christianity, only people who say they are Christians could defect or revolt. I believe that an event will occur in the near future that will drastically alter the Christian faith, remember Paul and our Lord constantly remind us not to be deceived! This will not be some small event, something earthshaking will take place which will test the faith of every believer on planet earth. It could be a “lost” scroll or even archeologists claiming they have found the grave of Jesus of Nazareth! How would you react my dear Christian friend?
I pray that your faith not be shaken but that you would realize that the end of this age is close and boldly live in the will of God! Remember our Lord himself when asked about the sign of his coming responded with Matt.24:4 “ And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.” I also find it very interesting a rhetorical question Jesus asked himself in Luke 18:8 “Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? I pray that when we see these things take place we lift up our heads; for our redemption draweth nigh. Amen!
Yours in Christ..... Mathetes

Originally written 8/2/2006
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP