Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject RE: The Media.....I gotta get this off my chest
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message First things first: I do realize nearly every single person who visits GLP knows there's a battle being raged through the media.

Secondly: I do not raise politics, religion, money up above my family and friends. I love my mother and brother very much, and I can't imagine hating on them for their beliefs....but they are a challenge. It's like coming up to a brick wall you can't "fly over"....heh, I always flew over brick walls when I dreamed or OBEd. I have broken through "glass ceilings" in my life by being persistent for my better well being.

My family is my immoveable brick wall I have to face....and it's not fucking easy. They both watch mainstream media, exclusively. Neither of them own a computer, nor know how to even use one. All their information comes from the "News."

I was trying to have a phone conversation with my mother about the election, was telling her about the elements of the steal - because she did not have a clue - and after a few minutes of talking, she stopped me and asked where I was getting my information from, and I said from a forum group I belong to that has many videos and much information about it....ffs, she screamed at me that there isn't anything on the Internet that can be believed in, and what was wrong with me?....blink

So, my brick wall is that I can't send them any videos or any links about the truth of what is happening, nor will they even listen to what I have to say because of God Media....I'm a poor little waif believing in what's said on the Internet. My brother laughs at me, my mom screams at me....and I'm just trying to help them to understand that not all is as it seems, while they've got the media's blinders etched onto their faces. Lawdy.

sigh....we're supposed to all three of us get together later this Spring or the Summer. I'm already dreading it, as much as I am excited about seeing them both. My mom is 82 years old. I will always want to get to see her one more time before she goes "home."

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the "ignorance" though. The way things stand, we're pretty much going to have to have most of what's going on in the world of people at large tabled, least it gets ugly.

For me, it will be very hard to not be sarcastic about something, if my back does get put against their wall by the two of them. I will have to ask them, both of them devout Christians, how they could vote for the political party that believes in, has voted for and passed, legislature that allows FULL FUCKING TERM ABORTIONS....and I won't regret it.

headshot

Orange Man bad, so full term abortions okay.

I'm so fucking sick of the hypocrisy....scream

Ahem, if but only my family had access to all the information....if but only.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP