Users Online Now: 2,150 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 588,151
Pageviews Today: 1,018,440Threads Today: 427Posts Today: 7,164
12:31 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Second hand account of Yugoslavian civil war and comparison to USA, NOT Selco
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message To build on Trins' thread:

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

Recently, I was fortunate to speak to a gentleman that survived the civil war in the former Yugoslavia. After being introduced and learning my background, he asked "Do you think the US is going to have a civil war?", after hearing my reply, he stated "Unfortunately, I think we will see another civil war here and it will be like it was where I am from. There wont be front lines, it will be neighbors against neighbors, families will turn on each other. It will be horrible and it saddens me. I love America! The people that are trying to destroy the country need to be punished. They are using the same tactics they used in Yugoslavia."
In the interest of brevity, I will summarize his statements:

1) It all started the same way, for example, identity politics, driving wedges, destroying history.

2) No one, including him, thought the political turmoil would lead to war until the day it happened. He admits he, and others he knew, had the mindset of it will be worked out. Why would they attack us? Our families are intermarried, we work together, etc.

3) When the violence started, it happened fast and caught them by surprise.

4) Guns were illegal, so many fought their first battles with axes, hatchets, etc. They would get close and kill an enemy soldier and take his weapon and gear.

5) Ammunition was scarce.

6) Food was scarce. The town he was from was primarily agricultural, they were farmers, and he stressed that food was still in short supply. He said "Americans are not prepared for being truly hungry. Very few here can grow their own food, have livestock. We could and we still went hungry."

7) Medical supplies of all sorts were scarce.

His advice is to take the threat of civil war seriously, right now, and prepare your families for that possibility.

Form defensive groups now. He stated there were those over there, like the ones here, that said they will defend their homes when the threat comes. He said that by the time the threat is at your door, its too late, you will be killed. A single man, a single family (4-5 people) can't hold off the large groups. His words were "Form defensive groups and meet the threat away from your homes. People must organize now. Once the shooting starts, it's too late."

I am meeting with him again soon and hope to learn more from his first hand experiences. I will share when I do.

At no point did he advocate offensive actions or anything thing that could be construed as terroristic. He kept stressing the need for protecting your families and neighborhoods, etc. from those out perpetrating the violence.

Aside from continually prepping, I also hope and pray that the communist insurrectionist will be prosecuted for the traitors they are and that our nation can return to the path of freedom without bloodshed. Until then, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

More to come.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP