Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My basement just flooded
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I just need to vent.

We are not in a flood zone so flood insurance is really cheap, but mostly unnecessary. I've been telling my husband for two years we need to get it. I've had a feeling that even though we are in zone x it would happen. Call it intuition, whatever. My husband is in Cuba, so Murphy's Law comes into effect. It's been like this since he left a year ago.

He kept telling me no, it's a waste of money, we have two sump pumps yadda yadda. Yes two sump pumps for a 1400sq ft fully finished basement. Now I have to deal with this on my own.

First my roof, then the appliances all go out, and now a flooded basement.

I had to shovel a waterway throughout my backyard. I'm talking two feet of snow, slush and ice. That moved the river of water away, now I have to try to figure out what to do about my basement.

I'm NOT a feminist, I miss my husband right now.

Thank you for listening.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP