Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I haven’t seen snow like this since 1978. NE Ohio
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I welcome a good snow storm.

This one however was pretty brutal along the shores of Lake Erie. 40+ mph sustained winds off the lake with 5 foot high drifts.

As a side gig I plow snow and have a pretty substantial truck with blizzard rated tires. Half way through my route I called it quits. State, city, and county plows couldn’t keep up. I had to stop on main roads and study the drifts to see if I could make it through them. They were as high as the hood of my truck. This means that no matter how high I raise the plow I’m going to get a breaking wave of snow over my cab and windshield.

A 20 minute drive took me 4 hours. Not a soul on the roads. Except me. Driving through these drifts was like mud bogging. I had to stand on the gas. My truck was floating on snow in zero visibility. Had no idea where the road was. I could see the tops of mailboxes through the hurricane-like winds.

When I was a kid we got hit so hard my old man had to roll out of the kitchen window and tunnel his way to the door so we could open it. This storm wasn’t that bad but it definitely kicked ass.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP