Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Who is "the comforter"?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message John 14:18
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Galatians 4:6
6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

2 Corinthians 15:5
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Romans 8:10
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Colossians 1:27
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

John 15:26 - But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The Greek word for Comforter is “parakletos” and it means an advocate, an intercessor, consoler:—, comforter.

John said, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate (Comforter) [parakletos] with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:” 1 John 2:1.

“truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.” "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" 1 John 1:3, 1 Timothy 2:5

-------

1 Peter 1:10-12, KJV

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into."

----

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Ephesians 3:17

In him you also were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed.
Ephesians 1:13

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Ephesians 4:30

who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 Peter 1:5

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge. Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22; 5:5
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP