Users Online Now: 2,855 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,085,777
Pageviews Today: 2,035,397Threads Today: 973Posts Today: 17,950
09:59 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Toronto is now majority minority by population!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message More than half of Torontonians — 51.5 per cent — identify as visible minorities, recently released data from Canada’s 2016 census shows.

The data shows a marked difference in diversity between the multicultural heartland of the Greater Toronto Area and the rest of the country.

Twenty-nine per cent of Ontarians and 22 per cent of Canadians overall reported being visible minorities, versus a thin majority in the City of Toronto.

The numbers also varied in the Big Smoke. The higher proportions of diversity — more than 50 per cent — were clumped in the inner suburbs of Scarborough, North York and Etobicoke.

What does your community look like?

Search by address or zoom in on your census tract, a geographic area defined by Statistics Canada that typically makes up between 2,500 and 8,000 people.

People who identify as Aboriginal are not counted as a visible minority by Statistics Canada.

[link to www.thestar.com (secure)]

I see my friends at the Toronto Star newspaper are delighted about this news, but I am not.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP