Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Help me with pain from surgery, please please please
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message It has been 30 days since I had bi-max MMA surgery to fix a topological defect in my airway. The procedure is defined by the detachment and re-attachment of the upper and lower mandible, after moving both forward a set distance and the reattching them with titanium plates and screws. In my case it was ~ 12mm. It has, thank God, well and truly cured my sleep apnea. I was averaging 70 episodes per hour in which I would hold my breath for 30 seconds or longer.

I was dying a little bit every night. Imagine seeing a coffin instead of a bed...

The procedure required my face to be peeled back from inside my mouth. During the procedure my surgeon noticed my nostril airways were also constricted and bored them out with some kind of roto-rooter bone burr saw and then sewed all the skin back together.

apocskull

I was bitten by a black widow on a nerve plexus in my left arm about a decade ago. I thought that was the most pain a person could endure. It literally slowed my perception of the passage of time it was so intense. That was nothing, I now clearly see.

I have developed atypical neuralgia in my maxillary v2 and mandibular v3 branches off my trigeminal nerve.

I close my eyes and can see the skin peeling back from my lips and chin as it is turned to ash by intense heat and fire, only to regenerate and it starts all over again. That is juxtaposed with the sensation that the skin is covered by constantly agitating and bursting pustules cause by exposure to acid or some biological agent. It absolutely has not stopped since the surgery, not even for a moment, and today is the worst day yet.

I fear walking too fast because the wind of my passage, on my face, is an inferno. Baby spoons are made of Constantino wire. The whiskers of my dogs are electrified whips.

The prognosis is good, they say, as I have recovered some feeling in the areas that were so abused by the surgery, but the possibility of 5 more months of this has despair folding me into the dark abyss of its clawed, leathery wings.

GLP has power because the members believe.

Please send me healing thoughts and prayers, I beg you.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP