Users Online Now: 1,298 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 209,762
Pageviews Today: 270,061Threads Today: 57Posts Today: 931
02:12 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Adventures through the Multiverse..
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This thread comes from ideas discussed about parallel universes in the Me tel u now thread...but it isn´t a new Me tel u thread.

I think it deserves its own thread in order to deepen in the comics as a reflection of our society or current and future events.

The main purpose of this thread is to have FUN... with doses of doom.

This is about comics and its cultural influence
This is about FUN.
This is about conspiracy...
This is lunatic fringe
This is about synchronicity
This is about the doom that happens elsewhere or elseworlds...
This is not about intel or U.N.C.L.E
This is not about hidden knowledge.

Is just FUN...

GLPer Tour Guide posted a interview with the idea:

Here is more from the Rick interview

"Rick, on Comics- The central theme is that ideas are alive. I chose the Superman archetype to address that theme and illustrate it. To me superheroes are an industrial age version of the gods. So I'm using them to explore the concept that ideas are living entities, and that there is a dimension for where these ideas exist outside of time and space, from which they impact human flesh and minds.

Questioner- One of my other questions touches upon that. I'm noticed that Alan Moore is talking about a similar topic in PROMETHEA, and Grant Morrison has talked about it in the INVISIBLES. There seems to be a synchronicity going on, with creators, on this topic. Do you think there is a rationale for that?

Rick- I dont think its coincidence. What Alan and Grant and I are coming at from different directions is attempting to define an underlying physics of consciousness. Today there is no scientific explanation for what consciousness is. Some people approach the problem through magic and I come at it through my dream work. Ive been working with Alan [Moore] through the SWAMP THING era after which we went off in different directions and did different things. When we came back, and we started talking about what we were into, we realized that we had built a similar personal philosophy about ideas as life forms; both of us had reached the same point."
 Quoting: Tour Guide

For this thread we start with a question: What is a comic?

For some, simply represents paper with doodles, for others a life, and others see as a new world, but simply represents more than all the aforementioned concepts together.

Ideology is the determinant to make sense to comics (according to the time and writer), since from its inception, the society has been reflected in these as a projection and expression of thought, life and social environment; from the effervescent patriotism Captain America (Marvel belonging to the company with its own regular series published since 1941) and Uncle Sam (Created by DC Universe in the Justice League of America series in 1973) to the stark vision of the lower classes of society (Batman DC with his first appearance in Detective Comic's number 27 and Spawn created by Tom McFarlane in 1992 under the editorship Black Horse) all this in an effort to convey the message to the reader what is living and feeling through inks and scripts.

What if the characters of the comic interact with readers mind?

What if "there is a dimension for where these ideas exist outside of time and space, from which they impact human flesh and minds.."?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP