Users Online Now: 1,958 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 983,016
Pageviews Today: 1,756,022Threads Today: 751Posts Today: 13,393
07:54 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject El Paso > Drowning witness: Police stopped men from trying to save woman trapped in car
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message EL PASO, Texas – A 64-year-old woman drowned when police said her vehicle ended up in a drainage canal in Northeast El Paso Monday morning.

El Paso police said they were called out to the intersection of Diana Drive and Vulcan Avenue just after 6:30 Monday morning due to reports of a vehicle that had gone into a drainage ditch overflowing with floodwaters.

Constance Manzanares was found inside a submerged 2005 Toyota Corolla and died, police said.

A witness told KFOX14 that police stopped several men from trying to save the victim.

A witness to the drowning, who requested anonymity, said she saw the woman moving her hands inside the car and that police stopped three men from attempting to get her out.

"They went and tried to help this lady, they tried to help her, but the police said they can't, they were yelling and everything, I don't wanna say nothing bad about them, I know they give good service here and everything, but I said 'Oh, my God,'" the witness said. "They hit the window on the driver's side, and she tried to get out but there's a fence right there, and she couldn't get out. So she had all that weight with her and all the water inside. The men got scared, they didn't want to leave, they were mad, so they got scared, people were yelling so they had to leave before they got arrested."

More here: [link to kfoxtv.com]

We have been getting some crazy amounts of rain for the last few days, lots of flooding.

I have been in that area of town, most of the ditch has no railing, you can drive right into it.

Poor woman. damned
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP