Users Online Now: 2,123 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 615,879
Pageviews Today: 1,067,909Threads Today: 442Posts Today: 7,471
12:59 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Audio Spying on Your Computers - Does Facebook LISTEN to us? Be Aware.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am throwing this out there for thought and discussion. Has anyone had the experience where you have been discussing a topic - verbally - not something you have written an email about or Googled or used the computer on - and an AD comes up on Facebook that day (or maybe next day but usually same day) about the SAME TOPIC YOU HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING?

For example....you might be discussing something fairly unusual like....Filipino geneaology...and an ad will show up on Facebook for something directly related to that. And you only discussed it verbally with someone else in the house - NOT via the computer at all. Perhaps you've discussed something like oh....Smith Brothers cough drops (haven't seen them in an eon) and an ad will pop up on your Facebook that day for Smith Brothers.

I don't know how common this is and I don't see people discussing it but I wanted to raise the issue.

NOTICE YOUR FACEBOOK ADS IN THE FUTURE AND SEE IF THEY REFLECT ANY PRODUCTS OR TOPICS YOU'VE BEEN DISCUSSING RECENTLY.

My point? I think that they are actually listening to at least some of us via the computers and translating part of this information into advertising (that shows up on Facebook). We can guess where the rest goes. I don't know if Facebook has to be open for this to happen, or if it happens anyway. Now personally I NEVER use Facebook so I can't test it for myself. But I have been told this, so I figure you guys are a good test sample.

Be aware of your Facebook ads in the future and see if they reflect anything you've been discussing just verbally recently. this is NOT the same as Google ads that might reflect your email as they read all our emails anyway. This is LISTENING.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP