Users Online Now: 2,245 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 618,779
Pageviews Today: 1,073,354Threads Today: 445Posts Today: 7,514
01:02 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I Sure Am Gonna' Miss Incandescent Light Bulbs Once They're No Longer Availlable - Screw "Energy Savers"!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Folks,I was looking at the beautiful,yet simple,incandescent light bulb in my room tonight as I was eating a delicious fish supper,thinking how beautiful these OLD lightbulbs really are—I mean,wasn't it Edison who invented them?—yet,despite their age,how perfectly they light our homes—not too bright,not too dimn,they don't mess-up the colours of items in the room and they look lovely.

Now compare that with the HORRIBLE "energy savers" that we're being forced to buy:They give off a horrible,un-natural colour,making your rooms feel un-homely,they make things in the rooms they're lighting look really strange due to the un-natural cold white light they emit,they actually waste 80% of the electricity that it takes to power them,and now,the WORST thing I have heard about them is that they can give you TINITUS!!!

I reckon I'm going to try and buy me a stash of the old lightbulbs before they disappear forever!

Anyone reading this can at least take heart though that LED light bulbs are starting to look more and more like incandescents—INCLUDING the way they light a room in terms of the colour of the light that they emit...hmmmmn,seems like things are going to go full circle then heh?...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP