Users Online Now: 2,173 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 652,380
Pageviews Today: 1,137,558Threads Today: 477Posts Today: 8,006
01:41 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Wow! Did I Just Have A Muddy Jungle Adventure! And All For A Cup Of Coffee LOL!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So, I got up this morning and started to make my daily double cappuccino when, no power! Under normal circumstances I would have simply fired up my camp stove and figured out the electricity problem later. But, I had just used up the last of the fuel before I got a power cord run to my cottage a few days ago.

I NEED my morning coffee or I'm not a happy camper. :(

There was only one thing to do, scale a muddy 150+ ft jungle hillside and see what was wrong. Picture the scene in Romancing the Stone where they slide down the hill in the rain and you'll have a good idea what it looks like where I live.

There were once steps cut into the hill but rain and mud had buried them. Fortunately, there were lengths of old rope and plenty of vines along the way to pull my self up. Still, it was so slippery I had to take my slippahs off so I could dig my toes in.

Finally, smeared in mud, I emerged at the top. The tenants of the upper house were home (they hadn't answered the phone before I began my climb) and we checked the outlet but everything seemed OK. There was NO way I was going to be able to go back the way I came so I had to go out to another road and go about a 1/2 mile around the valley I live in to get to my driveway.

As I started down the road, two nasty little ankle biters came barking after me and the uglier one actually bit me in the calf! Damn! Covered in mud, biten by a dog and still no coffee!

Ah well, it wasn't raining and as I turned the corner, I saw this old guy that looked like Santa Claus get out of his truck. It was Melvin the Honey Man whom I hadn't seen for at least 3 or 4 years and had no idea that I now lived around the corner from. We chatted for about 15 min and I've now been invited to help him harvest and learn beekeeping. Woo-hoo! I've always wanted to do that! As I said good bye, I mentioned to him that perhaps the reason I had lost power this morning was so that he and I could meet and by the time I got home, my power would be back on.

Well guess what? It was!

Now I'm sitting here enjoying a beautiful morning and a delicious cup of fresh brewed cappuccino. Ahhhhh...life us good!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP