Users Online Now: 1,556 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 296,385
Pageviews Today: 482,733Threads Today: 161Posts Today: 2,752
06:54 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject GLP is a 'community', let's do what we can to make it a better place....
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message sigh

I am posting this for a few reasons.

Firstly, I have been challenged in calling GLP, a community. While there is a heinous influx of beligerence and foul behavior (which I shall address in a moment), whether we LIKE IT, BELIEVE IT or not, this place is indeed a community. A meeting ground for all walks of life.

A BEAUTIFUL FUCKING MESS is how I see it. Many of us share bonds and a likemindedness that is unparalleled. That has an unequivical beauty and sentiment about it. Something all of us here are clearly in search of.

That being said, one of the big issues lately seems to be the way people treat eachother. I have said this many times, it's fun to be a ball buster. It's welcomed, even revered. There are clever ways of making our points and giving eachother a bit of hell. That is a signficant aspect to the enjoyment in this place.

Mind you, I'm no fucking priss by any means...but when I read some of the comments around here and my jaw drops, that's NOT GOOD. Takes alot for me to get to that point. It also takes quite a bit for me to be brought to tears by the badgering of another human being. Things do cross the line, even here. I don't care how tough we all are or are 'supposed' to be as GLPers. Some of this shit is simply classless, CRUEL and downright deplorable.

Some of you know me, most do not...but I think many of you do know that I do my best to maintain my composure and integrity in these situations. I do not refer to myself, I am taking note of what I've been witnessing among EVERYONE.
I'm not a lightworker nor a tree hugger. (k, maybe a bit of tree love...)... I just implore all of us to DO FUCKING BETTER BY EACHOTHER. Everyone in this place has dignity. It takes alot to come here and bear your soul, only to be ridiculed and torn apart. (I'm no angel. I have had a few laughs at the expense of others and subsequently felt like complete garbage about it. I will not allow that to be the case EVER AGAIN)

Is it too much to ask that we treat eachother as we want to be treated and to keep our bashing within the realm of what we ourselves can actually accept? Why go to such lengths to cause another human being pain and despair??? It's our difference, our ideologies, our individuality that make us special. Why would anyone want to take that away from another.

I apologize for the longwindedness of this post. I just really wanted to put that out there. I believe most people act out of their own turmoil and not wickedness. Help me keep believing that is true.

flower hf grouphug
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP