Users Online Now: 2,073 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 464,700
Pageviews Today: 785,788Threads Today: 338Posts Today: 5,123
10:13 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Why should people be jailed for growing cannabis,the laws making it illegal is just wrong
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My friend Dakta Grower (Brian Borland) is serving a sentence of 2 years 4 months in prison for cultivation and selling of cannabis. After serving one third of his sentence he has been denied early release when recently he appeared before the New Zealand Parole Board.

Would somebody in charge please explain why my friend is in jail.

I have received the following message from Dakta Grower;

“When a man is refused the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.” Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

“I don’t compare myself to this great man. As well as being a leader, he also served 28 years of hard toil, whereas I am only doing 28 months in what, in comparison, is a holiday camp.

However, there are similarities, in the sacrifice of freedom, in the war against oppression of our people.

Cannabis is a culture and the people of the cannabis culture are possibly one of the most persecuted groups in the world today.

Since 1994 I have lived the life, in part, that I believe in, growing cannabis for myself and my friends. Seven convictions and three jail terms have failed to deter me and in fact have only reinforced my conviction that cannabis laws are unfair and unjust.

I thought that the purpose of my jail sentence was to stop me growing. For the first time, I broke the vow that I made in 2003, that “I will continue to grow, no matter what” and promised that, if granted parole, I wouldn’t grow again.

I totally meant this, but the Parole Board wouldn’t believe me. They felt that I needed to complete the drug treatment program with its potential to change my heart and mind. Brainwashing to convince me that cannabis is bad and prohibition laws should be obeyed. As this is unacceptable to me, I have refused to do the program and this means that I will have to serve my full sentence.

Last month, on the news, there were two cases of drunk drivers killing cyclists. One received 2 years 2 months, the other 12 months home detention, and from Ashburton, a drunk driver killed a girl and was given 350 hours community work.

So causing the death of another person is less of a crime than growing and selling cannabis. I provided only happiness, there were no victims.

Two things that keep my morale up are support letters and talking to Dakta Green. Telecom charges us $1 per minute for phone calls so phone cards are always appreciated.

The parole board decision has only strengthened and reinforced my resolve, conviction and commitment. I reaffirm my vow.

I will continue to grow.
Kia kaha kia manawanui

The law is wrong. I am right. End of story.”

Brian Borland
Dakta Grower

Stay strong my friend. This madness will end soon and you will be a free man again.

Dakta Green

[link to thedaktory.org.nz]

In New Zealand,the parole board can deny early parole or release for cannibis growers in other words once you're caught using cannibis or hemp in New Zealand they can jail you for as long as they like,the parole board has not much power at all
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP