Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,942 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 973,520
Pageviews Today: 1,737,896Threads Today: 743Posts Today: 13,221
07:41 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Laugh...and the world laughs with you...

Thread Locked 
Seer777  (OP)
Ride the wings of the mind

User ID: 35496123
United States
03/08/2015 08:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Laugh...and the world laughs with you...

Quoting: New Heart

:)

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

VeiledTweet
Difficulties strengthen the Mind as labor does the body...
~Seneca
Seer777  (OP)
Ride the wings of the mind

User ID: 35496123
United States
03/08/2015 08:57 PM

Report Abusive Post

Difficulties strengthen the Mind as labor does the body...
~Seneca
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 76384137
France
03/21/2018 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
...Weep, and you weep alone.
~Ella Wheeler

About 20 minutes ago I was browsing imgur, when I happened upon a clever comment that got me laughing.

Laughing so hard in fact, that tears began rolling down my face.

Strange to think that tears, often associated with sadness, can present when mirth and happiness is at its height. Probably just perspective thing but got me thinking.

Why tears when we laugh heartily?

Apparently the answer is, we still don't really know why, other than tears present at the height of emotional response. Whether positive or negative. The laugh and tear sharing a mystery within Mankind.

I stumbled on an article I thought I would share which really delves into the real physical/mental/social benefits of laughter.

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Humor is infectious. The sound of roaring laughter is far more contagious than any cough, sniffle, or sneeze. When laughter is shared, it binds people together and increases happiness and intimacy. Laughter also triggers healthy physical changes in the body. Humor and laughter strengthen your immune system, boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress. Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use.

Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert.

With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional health.

Laughter is good for your health

Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.

Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.

Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.

Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

[link to www.helpguide.org]

I think Data said it best...

@2:11
 Quoting: Seer777

"Apparently the answer is, we still don't really know why, other than tears present at the height of emotional response. Whether positive or negative."

An "emotional response" is always positive.

Do you mean pleasant/unpleasant?

_

GLP